Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blew Them Away!

Yesterday were Madrigal tryouts. I had been on the fence about trying out because I wasn't sure if I was going to go to school next year or not. I've been praying about it and I feel like I should go.... So I tried out. Monday was the day I decided that I was going to tryout so I called Bestest friend Brittany(Briana's Bestest) and asked her to help me find a song for tryouts. She came over with all of her song books in tow and gave me suggestions. I decided to go with Astonishing from Little Women the Musical. I just sang the last minute and a half. Britt recorded it for me so I could sing along to the piano without having to find someone to play for me. I practiced all week long. Britt came over Friday after choir class so she could help me fix anything that needed fixing. I sang it for her.... When it was over she turned around with her jaw on the ground. She said this "I didn't know you could sing like that. That was soooo GREAT!!! I don't even have anything for you to fix." She asked me to sing through it again and then she gave me a few pointers on how to impress D.(Mr. Dehaan) and then she left. I was feeling pretty confident.
I got to the school right on time. He had the soph's. sing their songs first then all the Jr's.(He doesn't put soph's into Mads.) He mixed the papers up so we would sing at random. I was in the middle. I had been so nervous all week and when one of the soph's. sang her whole face was shaking and it got me scared so I said a prayer that I would be able to sing the song the way Britt had heard me sing it. Then I sang my little heart out! I belted that song like there was no tomorrow. When I was finished I looked at D. and his face said it all. No one knew I could sing like that. I didn't even know I could sing like that. I went to get my music from D. and he told me that I had done a fantastic job. Now if you knew D. you would know that he doesn't give compliments lightly. In fact he hardly ever gives a compliment to anyone. It made me so happy to hear that. It put self esteem in my self esteem box. I blew everyone away!!! I got so many compliments and it made me feel so good. But the best one of all was from my big brother who said "How long have you been able to sing like that?" I replied with "A while." He said "How come I didn't know you could sing like that?" Me "I don't know." Tay " You did beyond belief!!!" Then he gave me a great big hug. Oh how I love my big brother. I am so blessed.
Bow Baby

2 comments:

wjmom said...

Hooray for you!!!!!!

Amy said...

Woot woot!!!!! You couldn't wipe the smile off my face if your life depended on it right now. I'm SO proud of you! :D