Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick... Again

Did you know that I would rather be mauled and killed by a lion than be sick. Yup it's true. Being sick is the worst of Heavenly Fathers creations. People who get sick once every 3 years(like my brothers) didn't think it's all that bad. But when your sick all the time like I am, it sucks.

You want to know the worst part of it all?

I didn't think my family actually believes that I'm sick. I think they think I fake it. If they could feel what I feel they wouldn't think it. They don't understand. That is why I'm so thankful for prayer. Because I know that my Heavenly Father knows and understands what I'm going through and so does His Son, and for that I am truly grateful.

When you spend as much time at home as I do, not able to go places or move a whole lot. You find that it is easy to appreciate the little things. When I'm home alone or I can't sleep -because all my body can think about is getting the bad out of me- I try to think of things to marvel at, like...

1) Freshly fallen snow. Untouched. The kind when you wake up at five in the morning and you look out the window because you knew it was suppose to snow, and there it is. Beautiful and white. The roads still unplowed. At that moment you think it is the cleanest think on the entire planet. And it is.
2) Jack(he's my blanket). He always keeps me safe and warm. He wraps around me and snuggles me in so close, and I know that the only reason he'll let go of me is because I let go first.
3) Christmas music. It is so uplifting I could float right up to the ceiling just listening to it. It will always make you feel happy. It doesn't even matter if it is Christmas time or not.
4) A nice warm bath. Because when you have been doing that hot and cold thing all day a bath will even it out only if it is for 10 minutes. Those ten minutes are a little slice of heaven.
5) A mom who calls from work just to see if there is anything she can do for you. You both know that she is a half an hour away but she would go through heaven and earth to make sure your taken care of.

Most people don't think about those kinds of things because they are so busy with their lives but I always have time to think about those kinds of things. And I believe that that is a blessing from my Heavenly Father. He knows how much I hate being sick and He also knows that being sick is what is helping me to grow. But He doesn't want me to be miserable so He taught me how to find good things even during bad times. And that I believe is a HUGE blessing.

So I challenge you all to look for good things as you go throughout your day. Even if it's been the worst day in the world and all you want to do is throw yourself on your bed and cry like a 12 year old girl. STOP. Think about ONE good thing that happened in your day and then maybe the next day you'll be able to come up with TWO good things. I promise that if you will do this little thing you will be a more happy person.

Lots of Love, Bow Baby

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

YOU, dear Ashtyn, are THE happiest person I know. Thank you for that post. I love it and I love you! I hope you get feeling better really soon. :) ps...(I believe you)

wjmom said...

I believe you, too, Babe. I just don't know what to do about it. Believe me, I would curl up and cry with you (sometimes I do that at work, just worrying about you).

The good news is that you don't have strep or mono or cancer or heart disease. You're not allergic to anything; your uterus and ovaries look normal, as do your heart and lungs. We thank heaven for all those things.

Now if we could just figure out why you're sick...

I love you!