Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Something New

Hello, my name is Ashtyn. It is said ash-tin. It is quite simple but many people get it wrong. I am starting this blog so that I can have something to do. I have been really bored this summer, and now everything is kind-of rushing at me. We are doing our family Hilladay this week, and then in one week from today it will be my birthday, the day after my birthday will be my first day of high school... I think that that is a little to much to throw at a 14 year old.
For the past three years I have been attending a charter school called Entheos (N-thee-O-s) Academy. So I only know 3 people that I will be going to school with. Entheos was a tiny school. you could walk the entire thing in less then a minute. SMALL! West Jordan High School has two levels and seems much much much larger than Entheos. You should be able to see why I'm worried. My parents and older siblings say that I will do just fine because I have no trouble making friends... but I am scared to death! How in the world am I going to do this?!?!
Oh and did I mention that I had a summer reading project that I didn't know about until a week ago. I started reading the book that I thought I was soppose to be reading, then when I was in about 12 chapters I realized that the book I was reading was the juniors summer reading. All I have to do is read a book of my choice then write a two page paper on it... that's not hard but I wish I would have known earlier.
I know that even though this is going to be a new and different experiance, I will welcome it with open arms. This will be a marvelous year for me and I know it. This year will contain something new to learn, something new to understand, it will simply be something new.
Ashtyn

1 comment:

wjmom said...

I love the blog, Baby! Good job!

As for high school, I don't blame you a bit for being nervous. But you do have friends going to WJHS, and you are really good at making friends. Plus Taylor and his friends will take really good care of you. And you're super talented and beautiful--everyone is going to be so glad you are there!

I'm really proud of you. You're a good girl!